Outside of UConn freshman Javonte Brown and DePaul senior Jaylen Butz announcing that they are entering the transfer portal, it was a pretty quiet week — outside of game action, of course.
Brown, a seven-foot freshman center, is leaving after appearing in just two games. He played for a total of four minutes this season and scored four points and grabbed a pair of rebounds. He cited the departure of assistant coach Kenya Hunter as the reason for leaving.
As for Butz, he was a fixture in the Blue Demons’ rotation in each of his first three years, but he hasn’t appeared in a single game this season.
Here’s the rest of the action on the Big East recruiting trail:
- UConn freshman center Javonte Brown has entered the transfer portal.
- DePaul senior forward Jaylen Butz also entered the transfer portal.
- 2023 guard Aaron Davis (Bay Shore, N.Y./St. Benedict’s Prep) received an offer from DePaul.
- Four-star 2022 point guard Seth Trimble (Menomenee Falls, Wisc./Menomenee Falls) received an offer from Creighton.
- Four-star 2022 guard Nick Smith Jr. (Sherwood, Ark./Sylvan Hills) included Georgetown in his final 10 list, but cut St. John’s and DePaul.
Non-Big East Commitments:
- Three-star 2021 guard Jaylen Murray (Bronx, N.Y./Springfield Commonwealth Academy) committed to Bryant. Also had an offer from Seton Hall.
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off—or Big East Coast Bias—on Twitter: @becb_sbn and @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, The UConn Blog, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated Jan. 11,, 2020. Alternatively, you may view below.