There was some big news this past week, as UConn officially returned to the Big East, and the Marquette Golden Eagles nabbed their first commit of the class of 2021 in Kameron Jones.
Jones, a guard out of Cordova, Tenn., may be unranked according to 247 sports, but he tallied approximately 20 Division I offers before selecting to take his talents to Marquette. There may be more players joining him soon, with the Golden Eagles hanging in the mix for a couple of more recruits that included them in their final lists.
Here is are all the new updates, offers, and recruiting news from this past week on the Big East recruiting trail:
- 2021 guard Kameron Jones (Cordova, Tenn./Evangelical Christian) committed to Marquette.
- Seton Hall forward Taurean Thompson has found his transfer destination. He’ll be headed to Detroit.
- 2022 guard Reggie Bass (Muncie, Ind./Hamilton Heights Christian) received an offer from Providence.
- Four-star 2022 guard Avery Brown (Beacon Falls, Conn./Northfield Mount Hermon) received an offer from St. John’s.
- 2022 guard Dior Davis (New York, N.Y./Murry Bergtraum) received an offer from DePaul.
- Four-star 2022 forward Camden Heide (Plymouth, Minn./Plymouth) received an offer from Creighton.
- 2021 guard Darius Johnson (Alexandria, Va./Episcopal) received an offer from Providence.
- 2022 guard Isaac McKneely (Poca, W. Va./Poca) received an offer from Creighton.
- 2021 forward Duncan Powell (DeSoto, Texas/DeSoto) received an offer from DePaul.
- Four-star 2021 Erik Reynolds (Potomac, Md./Bullis School) received an offer from Xavier.
- Marquette, Xavier offered 2022 guard Will Richardson (Oradell, N.J./Bergen Catholic).
- Three-star 2021 guard Lucas Taylor (Wake Forest, N.C./Heritage) received an offer from Creighton.
- Four-star 2021 guard Blake Wesley (South Bend, Ind./James Whitcomb Riley) received an offer from Creighton.
- Five-star 2021 center Charles Bediako (Canada/IMG Academy) left Xavier and Providence off of his final 10 list.
- Four-star 2021 guard Matthew Cleveland (Alpharetta, Ga./Pace Academy) named his top five schools, cut Seton Hall and Xavier from consideration.
- UConn and Marquette are in four-star 2021 guard Tyrese Hunter’s (Racine, Wisc./St. Catherine’s) final 10 list, but Creighton and DePaul are out.
- Four-star 2021 forward Arthur Kaluma (Dallas, Texas/Dream City Christian) released his final eight schools, St. John’s is out.
- Four-star forward Alex Tchikou (France/Dream City Christian) reclassified from 2021 to 2020 and trimmed his list to eight schools. St. John’s made the list, while Georgetown was cut.
- Three-star 2021 forward Eric van der Heijden (Raleigh, N.C./Millbrook) included Marquette and Providence in his final 10 list, but cut Xavier.
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off—or Big East Coast Bias—on Twitter: @becb_sbn and @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, The UConn Blog, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated July 6, 2020. Alternatively, you may view below.