With the July live recruiting period over, we’re approaching the point in the year where many decisions are starting to be made, between commitments, scheduled visits, and finalized lists.
A huge chunk of players will commit before the school year begins, many more will have at least their final lists in mind, and there will also be some that decide later in the year.
We’re already starting to see the landscape shape up in the class of 2020, and it’s only bound to heat up as we go through the month of August. It’s been just under a month since the last post. Major apologies for that, between getting sick for a bit and a short visit to the hospital (all good now!), just felt behind on a number of things—mostly writing—although those of you that follow Big East Coast Bias on twitter (or myself) may have seen that the tracker has still been actively updated.
There’s going to be more recruiting posts monitoring the action like before (at least once a week), so there isn’t an information overload between articles. Without further ado, here is all of the action that has happened on the recruiting trail around the Big East over the last month (if you’d like to skip to the tracker, scroll to the bottom or click here):
- Four-star 2020 guard Dimingus Stevens (Washington, D.C./Woodrow Wilson) commits to Seton Hall
- Four-star 2020 F Justin Lewis (Baltimore, Md. Baltimore Polytechnic) committed to Marquette, picked the Golden Eagles out of a final list of 10 schools that included UConn and Seton Hall
- Three-star 2020 guard Jahari Long (Bellaire, Texas/Episcopal) commits to Seton Hall
- UConn secures commitment from three-star forward Richie Springs (Brooklyn, N.Y./Brewster Academy). Springs had almost 20 offers, including DePaul, Creighton, Seton Hall, St. John’s, and Providence. Will reclassify from 2020 to 2019.
- Four-star 2020 forward Terrance Williams (Washington D.C./Gonzaga College HS) commits to Georgetown
- Cleveland State guard Rasheem Dunn (Brooklyn, N.Y.) is transferring to St. John’s. May be eligible to play right away and have two years remaining.
- St. John’s guard Eli Wright is leaving the program. He has entered his name into the transfer portal, destination TBA.
- Three-star 2020 guard Chibuzo Agbo Jr. (San Diego, Calif./St. Augustine) narrows list to five schools, Marquette is in.
- Four-star center Jonathan Aku (Nigeria/iSchool Entrepreneurial Academy) reclassifies from 2020 to 2019 and eliminates Georgetown from consideration.
- Four-star 2020 guard Posh Alexander (Bronx, N.Y./Our Saviour Lutheran) included St. John’s and Seton Hall in his final five list.
- Five-star 2020 guard Nimari Burnett (Chicago, Ill./Prolific Prep) is down to a dozen schools. Marquette is in, but St. John’s and DePaul are not.
- Five-star 2020 guard Josh Christopher (Bellflower, Calif./Mayfair) cut Georgetown from consideration.
- Four-star 2020 guard Jaylen Clark (Corona, Calif./Centennial) narrows list down to six schools--includes Xavier, but not Marquette.
- Four-star 2020 forward Henry Coleman III (Richmond, Va./Trinity Episcopal) narrows his list to five schools. Georgetown was cut.
- Four-star 2020 C Hunter Dickinson (Alexandria, Va./DeMatha Catholic) trims his list down to seven schools. Providence is in the mix.
- DePaul target three-star forward Che Evans Jr. (Baltimore, Md./Neumann-Goretti) trimmed his list to five and cut the Blue Demons
- Four-star 2020 forward Cam’Ron Fletcher (St. Louis, Mo./Vashon) trimmed his list to five, cuts DePaul, Creighton, Xavier, and Marquette
- Four-star Xavier Foster (Oskaloosa, Iowa/Oskaloosa) is down to five schools. Providence is in, but Creighton is out.
- Four-star 2020 forward P.J. Hall (Roebuck, S.C./Dorman) did not include Marquette in his final 5 list.
- Three-star 2020 forward John Hugley IV (Lyndhurst, Ohio/Charles F. Brush) includes UConn in his top 12, but leaves out DePaul.
- Four-star guard Donovan ‘Puff’ Johnson (Pittsburgh, Pa./Moon Area) is down to seven schools. Georgetown and Xavier didn’t make it.
- Four-star 2020 guard Kadarius ‘K.D.’ Johnson (Decatur, Ga./Southwest DeKalb) left out Seton Hall from his final five list.
- Five-star 2020 center Walker Kessler (Atlanta, Ga./Woodward Academy) named his final six schools, cut Creighton, St. John’s, and Xavier
- Four-star 2020 guard Niels Lane (Freehold, N.J./Perkiomen School) is down to seven schools. UConn, Xavier, Providence are in, while St. John’s and Seton Hall were cut.
- Three-star 2020 forward Toneari Lane (Lawrenceville, Ga./Shiloh) is down to seven schools. Butler is in, but St. John’s is out.
- Four-star 2020 guard Anthony Leal (Bloomington, Ind./Bloomington South) is down to two schools, both Xavier and Butler have been cut.
- Five-star 2020 guard Caleb Love (St. Louis, Mo./Christian Brothers) cuts his list down to six schools, says no to Big East. Had offers from Marquette, Creighton, DePaul, Butler, Xavier, and Georgetown
- Creighton, Georgetown, and Xavier target, three-star 2020 center Kiyron Powell (Evansville, Ind./Benjamin Bosse) committed to Houston.
- Four-star 2020 guard Deivon Smith (Loganville, Ga./Grayson) cuts Providence, St. John’s, and Xavier from his top 10
- Four-star 2020 guard D.J. Steward (Chicago, Ill./Whitney Young) names Final 8. DePaul is in, but Creighton, Xavier, and Marquette are out.
- Three-star 2020 forward Myles Stute (Washington, D.C./Gonzaga College HS) named his final seven schools. Marquette is in, but Georgetown, St. John’s, and Seton Hall are not.
- Four-star 2020 guard Earl Timberlake Jr. is down to seven schools. Seton Hall and Providence are in, but DePaul and Georgetown are out.
- Three-star 2020 forward Elijah Taylor (Philadelphia, Pa./Imhotep) cut his list to six schools. Seton Hall and Providence are in, but UConn is out.
- Three-star 2020 forward Taj Thweatt (Wildwood, N.J./Wildwood Catholic) listed Seton Hall in his final eight schools, left out DePaul.
- Four-star 2020 forward Lance Ware (Camden, N.J./Camden) narrows his list to five schools. Providence is in the mix, UConn, Seton Hall, and Georgetown are out.
- 2020 guard Keshawn Williams (Chicago, Ill./Bloom) cuts DePaul from his final eight
- Four-star 2020 center Mark Williams (Norfolk, Va./Norfolk Academy) is down to seven schools. Georgetown is in, but UConn and Seton Hall are out.
Non-Big East Commitments:
- Marquette and Georgetown target five-star 2020 guard MarJon Beauchamp (Yakima, Wash./Rainier Beach) will skip college and train for 2021 NBA Draft
- DePaul target, 2020 center Chris Conway (Naperville, Ill./Naperville Central) commits to Oakland
- Butler target, four-star 2020 guard Trey Galloway (Culver, Ind./The Culver Academies) commits to Indiana.
- Providence target 2020 forward Jaylon Gibson (Raleigh, N.C./GRACE Christian) commits to Wake Forest
- Creighton target, three-star 2019 guard Sedrick Hammond (Los Angeles, Calif./Faith Lutheran) is going the JUCO route.
- Xavier target, three-star 2020 guard Grant Huffman (Aurora, Ohio/St. Edward) commits to Davidson
- Butler target, three-star 2020 center Patrick Iriel (Columbia, S.C./A.C. Flora) has committed to South Carolina
- Four-star 2020 forward Osasere Ighodaro (Phoenix, Ariz./Desert Vista) cuts list to four schools, Marquette is in
- Georgetown and St. John’s target, three-star 2019 center Carl Lewis (Compton, Calif./Lynwood) commits to New Mexico State
- DePaul target, 2019 forward Bryce Okpoh (The Colony, Texas/The Colony) commits to Grand Canyon
- Marquette target, four-star 2020 wing Dalen Terry (Phoenix, Ariz./Hillcrest Prep) is staying home and has committed to Arizona.
- DePaul target, three-star 2020 guard Ahron Ulis (Chicago Heights, Ill./Marian Catholic) commits to Iowa
New 2020 offers added: guard Josh Banks (Providence), guard Alyn Breed (DePaul), forward Jordan Geronimo (Providence/Xavier) three-star guard D.J. Gordon (St. John’s), guard Baylor Hebb (DePaul), five-star forward Isaiah Jackson (St. John’s), four-star 2020 guard Trevor Keels (Georgetown), three-star center Eddie Lampkin (Seton Hall/DePaul), three-star forward Niels Lane (St. John’s), forward Kenny Lofton Jr. (Georgetown), four-star guard Darius Maddox (Georgetown), three-star guard Gabe Madsen (Xavier) guard Mason Madsen (Xavier), four-star guard Jamal Mashburn Jr. (Xavier), three-star guard Tristan Maxwell (Georgetown), three-star center Martice Mitchell (Xavier), three-star guard Caleb Murphy (Xavier), three-star forward Myles Stute (Marquette), guard Jahmyl Telfort (Georgetown), four-star guard Bryce Thompson (St. John’s), four-star forward Lance Ware (Georgetown)
New 2021 offers added: guard Jaden Akins (Xavier), four-star guard Tamar Bates (Creighton), five-star forward Paolo Banchero (Georgetown), four-star forward Charles Bediako (Providence), four-star guard Pierre Brooks (Xavier), four-star forward Javonte Brown-Ferguson (Providence/UConn/Marquette), four-star center Micawber Etienne (Marquette/Xavier/Providence/UConn), forward Nick Farrar (Seton Hall), guard Josh Giddey (St. John’s), five-star guard Langston Love (Villanova), four-star guard Josh Primo (Creighton), four-star guard Hunter Sallis (UConn), five-star forward J.T. Thor (DePaul), guard Jalen Warley (Xavier), four-star forward Kaleb Washington (Xavier), guard Blake Wesley (DePaul/Xavier), guard Brandon Weston (St. John’s)
New 2022 offers added: guard Dasonte Bowen (Georgetown), guard Jaden Bradley (Seton Hall), guard Zion Cruz (Marquette), guard Bowen Hardman (Xavier), guard Isaac McKneely (Xavier), forward Shy Odom (Georgetown), center Shawn Phillips Jr. (Xavier/DePaul), guard Rodney Rice (Providence),
New 2024 offer added: guard Zachiah ‘ZZ’ Clark (DePaul)
Formatting changes: Added a text update log at the bottom of this post, so you can see each of the updates to the offer tracker and when they were made. The precise update log goes back to late June.
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off—or Big East Coast Bias—on Twitter: @becb_sbn and @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, The UConn Blog, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated August 7, 2019. Alternatively, you may view below.