It’s been about a week-and-a-half since the last update post, and it’s time for that first one of July!
As promised, a UConn section has been added. It was actually finished and up live about 24 hours after the previous update post on June 30—way ahead of schedule. In case if you missed it, here’s your chance to soak it in Huskies’ fans.
Apart from adding a section for the soon-to-be member of the Big East, there are many updates around the conference on the recruiting trail.
- New commit: Three-star 2020 forward Myles Wilmoth (Chestnut Ridge, N.Y./St. Andrew’s School) committed to Butler, giving the Bulldogs their second class of 2020 commit.
- Transfer destinations: Former Providence guard Makai Ashton-Langford announced that he will be transferring to Boston College. Meanwhile, former Xavier Musketeer, Keonte Kennedy backed out of his commitment to TCU and will transfer to UTEP instead.
- Formatting changes: Made the background for DePaul a bit darker and changed the font color so it was easier to read on certain screens, as some monitors and displays featured the Blue Demons’ sections better than others. The change was made to widely accommodate audiences and make it easier on the eyes. If you are still having issues, please let us know. Also, UConn was listed as ‘Connecticut’ on the tracker and the Huskies’ section is right after Butler’s.
- Final Cuts: Four-star forward Jabri Abdur-Rahim (Atlanta Ga./Blair Academy) trimmed his list to just Virginia and Michigan and will decide between the two on Wednesday. UConn, Georgetown, Villanova, St. John’s, Seton Hall, and Marquette had all offered him. Meanwhile, top 11 finalist Villanova was left off five-star 2020 guard Jaden Springer’s (Charlotte, N.C./IMG Academy) final five schools.
- Non-Big East Commitment: DePaul target 2020 forward Frank Jakubicek (Cary, Ill./Cary-Grove) selects Belmont.
- New 2020 offers added: guard Dylan Branson (DePaul), four-star forward Donovan ‘Puff’ Johnson (Georgetown), five-star guard Caleb Love (Georgetown), guard Jamir Watkins (Seton Hall/St. John’s)
- New 2021 offers added: four-star forward Caleb Furst (Marquette), guard Bryce Hopkins (Creighton), center Nnanna Njoku (Villanova), guard Fedonta White (Marquette)
- New 2022 offers added: forward Ibine Ayo Sadiku (St. John’s), guard Zion Cruz (Seton Hall), guard Jaquan Sanders (St. John’s)
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off—or Big East Coast Bias—on Twitter: @becb_sbn and @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, The UConn Blog, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated July 10, 2019. Alternatively, you may view below.