It’s been about a week-and-a-half since the last update post, and so much has happened since.
The Connecticut Huskies are returning to the Big East, which has been met with overall excitement. The Huskies will be a member of the Big East starting in 2020-21, a move that seemed to be unanimously be voted in by the Big East and UConn’s own Board of Trustees.
There have been a number of requests regarding when UConn will be added to the tracker, even though the Huskies won’t be in the Big East until after this upcoming season. We will give the people what they want. I’ve already begun work in assembling and researching UConn’s targets and offers, and will slowly chip away at adding every one on. I aim to be finished by the end of this week or shortly after the Fourth of July weekend.
Here are some updates since the June 20 post:
- Four-star 2020 center Jonathan Aku (Nigeria/iSchool Entrepreneurial Academy) narrowed his list to 10 schools. Georgetown made the cut, while St. John’s and Seton Hall did not.
- Former St. John’s player Bryan Trimble Jr. has found a transfer destination. He is Akron-bound.
- Marquette and Georgetown target, four-star 2020 forward Dain Dainja (Brooklyn Park, Minn./Park Center) picks Baylor.
- Another Georgetown target, 2019 forward Josaphat Bilau (France/SPIRE Institute) committed to Wichita State.
- Creighton target, 2019 forward Lok Wur (Papillion, Neb./Papillion-La Vista South) chooses Oregon. Meanwhile, another Bluejay offeree, four-star 2020 guard Zach Harvey (Topeka, Kan./Prolific Prep) commits to Cincinnati.
- DePaul target, 2020 guard Isaac Lindsey (Mineral Point, Wisc./Mineral Point) committed to UNLV. Another DePaul target, three-star 2020 forward Dearon Tucker (Dallas, Texas/Universal Academy) chose Oregon State.
- New 2020 offers added: guard Dylan Addae-Wusu (St. John’s), three-star forward Chibuzo Agbo Jr. (Marquette), center Max Amadasun (St. John’s), three-star forward Caleb Dorsey (Georgetown), three-star guard Che Evans Jr. (DePaul), four-star forward Osasere Ighodaro (Marquette), three-star forward Patrick Iriel (Butler), three-star forward Zed Key (Providence), forward Max Murrell (Creighton), four-star forward Richard Springs (St. John’s), four-star point guard Myles Tate (Butler), guard Keshawn Williams (DePaul), point guard Isaiah Wilson (Georgetown/DePaul)
- New 2021 offers added: four-star point guard Rahsool Diggins (Xavier/DePaul), guard Gabe Dorsey (Georgetown), five-star guard Zion Harmon (Seton Hall), three-star guard Chucky Hepburn (Creighton), four-star forward DaRon Holmes II (Marquette), five-star forward Harrison Ingram (Marquette), five-star center Franck Kepnang (St. John’s), four-star guard Langston Love (Marquette), four-star guard Bryce McGowens (Providence), forward JaDun Michael (DePaul/Providence), guard Tyreck Morris Jr. (Seton Hall), four-star forward Dontrez Styles (St. John’s), guard Elijah Tucker (St. John’s)
- New 2022 offers added: guard Chance Westry (DePaul)
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off—or Big East Coast Bias—on Twitter: @becb_sbn and @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated June 30, 2019. Alternatively, you may view below.