A lot has unfolded on the recruiting trail for the Big East. This past weekend marked the first time NCAA coaches could contact class of 2021 recruits, and as you can expect, there was a flood of new offers across the conference.
We also seemed to have implemented the Transfer Tracker page at the right time, as there are a couple of new incoming members, with a couple of graduate transfers that will be able to play right away.
We have logged and listed every single high school prospect that has received an offer from a Big East school, giving you the opportunity to see who is on your favorite team’s radar, as well as keep tabs on your rivals and the rest of the conference.
This spreadsheet only keeps track of players that have been offered—going beyond interest. It tracks high school prospects, and it now has a tab for transfers departing and arriving to the Big East.
I plan on updating this every other week or at least once a month. Here are some updates from this past week:
- Incoming transfers: Idaho State center Kelvin Jones (Creighton) and Monmouth point guard Nick Rutherford (St. John’s) are graduate transfers that will be able to play immediately. Also added former North Florida player Noah Horchler to the transfer list. He’s not a new addition, but he was missed when the transfer tracker was first added. He will be a Providence Friar that has to sit one year and has one year to play.
- DePaul target, three-star 2019 forward Dearon Tucker (Dallas, Texas/Universal Academy) has narrowed his list to four schools. The Blue Devils are in the mix, alongside Penn State, Oregon State, and Coastal Carolina.
- Creighton and DePaul target, 2019 forward Lok Wur (Papillion, Neb./Papillion-La Vista School) named his final five schools. DePaul is out, but Creighton is still in with Hawaii, Oregon, Texas Tech, and Virginia Tech. Wur was offered by Creighton on June 14.
- DePaul and Marquette target, four-star 2020 guard Reece Beekman (Baton Rouge, La./Scotlandville Magnet) committed to Virginia.
- Butler target, three-star 2020 guard Nijel Pack (Indianapolis, Ind./Lawrence Central) committed to Kansas State.
- Creighton and Xavier target, three-star 2020 guard Nick Blake (Las Vegas, Nev./Middlebrooks Academy) will stay home and attend UNLV.
- Georgetown target, three-star 2020 guard Jalen Cook (Walker, La./Walker) chooses LSU.
- Georgetown target, 2019 forward Abou Ousmane (Brooklyn, N.Y./Putnam Science Academy) commits to Cleveland State.
- New 2020 offers added: three-star guard Shakeel Moore (DePaul), three-star guard Niels Lane (Seton Hall), four-star guard Naseem Khaalid (Georgetown), four-star center Jonathan Aku (St. John’s/Seton Hall), five-star point guard Cameron Thomas (St. John’s), four-star forward Myles Stute (St. John’s), Andre Harris (St. John’s), four-star guard Jaylen Clark (Xavier), three-star guard Kadary Richmond (Xavier), and four-star guard Hassan Diarra (Seton Hall).
- New 2021 offers added: guard A.J. Neal (Georgetown), center Logan Duncomb (Xavier), guard Luke Goode (Xavier), forward Matt Cleveland (Xavier), wing John Poulakidas (DePaul), forward Benny Williams (Seton Hall), five-star forward Kendall Brown (Marquette), center Micawber Etienne (Marquette), four-star guard Carter Whitt (Marquette), five-star forward Trey Patterson (Xavier/Villanova), four-star guard Malaki Branham (Xavier), guard Tevin Smith, five-star guard Max Christie (Villanova), four-star guard Trevor Keels (Villanova/Butler/Marquette), five-star guard Devin Askew (Villanova), four-star forward Frank Anselem (DePaul), guard Brandon Weston (Seton Hall), guard Kowacie Reeves Jr. (Seton Hall), and five-star guard Quincy Allen (Seton Hall).
- If you notice an error, have news of a new offer, please feel free to tip me off—or Big East Coast Bias—on Twitter: @becb_sbnand @erapay5. I’ll update accordingly.
- Shoutout to Anonymous Eagle, Casual Hoya, Banners on the Parkway, Rumble in the Garden, and VU Hoops. We unfortunately don’t have articles on all recruits, but we got some help in filling some blanks from our fellow Big East SB Nation sites. Some recruits have clickable names, which will take you to a relevant article regarding that player.
- I recommend viewing the spreadsheet externally, since you’ll be able to use things like filters (Google Sheets has that option on the top-left, next to the print button.) and Ctrl+F (Apple+F if you’re on Mac) to help make searching for recruits easier. You’ll also have a bigger screen/window to look at the spreadsheet: Big East Offer Tracker, last updated June 20, 2019.Alternatively, you may view below.