DePaul hasn’t been ranked since early on in the 2000-01 season. A lot of things have transpired - tragedies, successes, technological shifts, Ted Cruz liking a porn video on twitter - and we here at Big East Coast Bias are going to count down 11 things that have happened since 2000.
11. Dave Leitao Leaves For Virginia (2005)
Dave Leitao bailed from DePaul and went to Virginia. He eventually got 2.1 million dollars to leave Virginia.
10. Dave Leitao Hired At DePaul (2002)
Dave Leitao got hired as head coach at DePaul in 2002! Look how young he is. Actually, that picture might have been taken a couple nights ago? God damn he looks good.
9. Dave Leitao Hired At DePaul (2015)
His suits fit him way better now. He looks sharp.
8. George W. Bush Becomes President (2000)
That’s right, ol’ dubbya was inaugurated on January 20th, 2001, a little while after DePaul became unranked.
7. Barack Obama Becomes President (2009)
Barack Obama took office on January 20th, 2009! Remember when he was president?
6. I Went To The Grocery Store And Somehow Spent Over $200 (2017)
No fucking clue how I did that. I lived in a 600 square foot apartment by myself. What the fuck happened? What did I even buy? I wasn't making enough money to do this. Hopefully I consumed everything I bought. It was probably all hot sauce.
5. Chicago White Sox Win World Series (2005)
Jermaine Dye won a World Series MVP. Do you remember how Jermaine Dye made you feel when he was playing on a baseball field? I do.
4. Chicago Cubs Win World Series (2016)
“Some people forget that.”
- Robert O’Neill
3. DePaul Upsets #5 Kansas In Chicago (2006)
64-57. At the AllState Arena in front of 16,000+. Down 14, the Blue Demons rallied back with Sammy Meija scoring 8 points in the final 3 minutes of game action to spur on a phenomenal 14-0 run. This DePaul team ended up making a nice little run in the NIT.
2. Chicago Blackhawks Win 3 Stanley Cups
What an unbelievable run.
1. Constant Existential Crisis
what the fuck have we done