Butler and Georgetown square off against each other for the first time this season. Here is what occurred during the first half.
- So far tonight, Bradley Hayes has been the leading scorer of the floor for the Hoyas. Hayes has nine points on 4-of-5 shooting so far on the game. D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera has been a solid secondary option for Georgetown, Smith-Rivera has seven points so far on 2-of-5 shooting from the floor and 2-of-4 from the foul line.
- The Hoyas have been pounding the paint early on, scoring 18 of their 31 points from the interior.
- As a team the Hoyas so far tonight have been shooting 46 percent from the floor, 29 percent from 3-point range, and 71 percent from the foul line.
- It has been Kelan Martin's game so far tonight for the Bulldogs. Martin so far tonight has 19 points on 4-of-8 shooting from the floor, and 8-of-8 from the foul line.
- Kellan Dunham and Roosevelt Jones has also been active tonight as well, both players have eight points on the game for Butler.
- As a team, Butler so far tonight have shot 46 percent from the floor, 45 percent from 3-point range, and 92 percent from the foul line.
- They have been winning the battle of the boards tonight with an outright 17 rebounds to Georgetown mere eight rebounds on the game.