University of Louisville President Dr. James Ramsey went on a local radio show this morning and discussed the future of the Big East, Villanova, and conference expansion. His remarks begin around the 7:58 mark of the audio. Of note, Dr. Ramsey says:
- Villanova is still working through its decision to move up to FBS
- The Big East needs to strengthen its television contract with football in particular.
- The Big East is definitely looking for a tenth member and would even like to see, possibly, the league get to twelve football teams and host a championship game.
- It is clear to Ramsey that the main factor in adding value to the TV contract is additional football playing members.
- The Presidents are all very excited about the value that TCU will add to the league overall both in terms of football and in access to the Dallas television market.